Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Millie
      Participant

Has anyone tried this red light therapy and, if so, has it been successful. I understand that these treatments break down collagen and reduce fibrous tissue. The treatments are done by physical therapists so you need a prescription from your pulmonologist. So everyone, let me hear your thoughts.

Nina Merendino
      Participant

I just bought one on Amazon. Going to start using it. No need for prescription!

Steve Dragoo
      Participant

@zebra4018
      Hi Millie, et al.,

It has to be a class 4 laser and there are some here who have used it for a long time. Search for laser topics on the forums.  Also Dr. Andy Hall is an expert and he has IPF. He has the correct protocol.  I used it for a few months in Virginia and did not need a prescription.  It did help but I left the USA and there is no class-4 over here.

Stay well…
      Steve

Millie
        Participant

Amazon has the red light lasers and they look more like heating pads and are reasonably priced. Hooga, which is highly rated, has panels that are free-standing and though more expensive are still within a price that is affordable. I’ve read that this red light laser therapy increases collagen. (It is also supposed to break up the scar tissue.) That is not something I want to do as the problem with PF is too much collagen being produced by the body and forming the scar tissue in the lungs. Cam someone out there with expertise in this area straighten me out on this important fact.

DJ
          Participant

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s that the body has too much collagen, it’s that the body takes the collagen for scar tissue.

conni
      Participant

I am also very interested in laser therapy. Don’t want to increase collagen for sure. When we have used it in the dogs it was for healing wounds etc,so why is this different?

conni borwick

Coby Knox
      Participant

I have been using one for five months. Mainly for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Myopathy. I think it also helps my Pulmonary Fibrosis, which has had no change during the period.

Currently use a Mitoredlight 1500 panel daily for 20 minutes front and back.

Priya
      Participant

Hi all! We have been getting Deep Tissue (Red light) therapy for my dad for months now and it has been significantly helping. We are currently getting it done via a Physio Clinic. I have a 6pg study, I can share on this, so please DM me and I can email to you!

Curt Strickland
      Participant

HI,

I KNOW A GUY WHO HAS IPF AND HE’S BEEN JUSING IT FOR AROUND SIX MONTHS, AND HIS BREATHING TESTS HAVE IMPROVED. HE STILL HAS A PROBLEM WITH COUGHING.

Richard D.Gueard
        Participant

is there a way  i can contact your friend?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account