Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums In Loving Memory David Swain – a brave fight against IPF

• David Swain – a brave fight against IPF

Posted by David Swain on June 7, 2021 at 10:07 am

I’m sorry to inform you that my husband David Swain died on the 17th May. He had a stroke resulting from the IPF and died the next day. Now rests in peace.

George Manolakis replied 2 years, 10 months ago 14 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Cindy Sears

June 8, 2021 at 12:09 pm

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort for the family.

• Tammy

June 14, 2021 at 5:41 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Rebecca Schrantz-Lilly

June 8, 2021 at 2:12 pm

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband, David.  God bless you and may He give you and your family comfort.

• Suzanne R Brennan

June 8, 2021 at 2:15 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. Hold your memories close so that you have them when you need them the most. IPF is an insidious disease and one that many family members and friends struggle to understand. As a fellow IPF sufferer, I do understand the heartbreak that comes along with it.

Take care of yourself.

• Michael Rydberg

June 8, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Prayers to you and your Family

• Christie Patient

June 8, 2021 at 7:05 pm

So very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing, and know that we are here if you ever need a place to grieve and remember your husband.
    Christie

• Paul Polidano

June 8, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Sorry to read about the death of your husband David- Our condolences to you and your family.
    PaulP (from Oz.)

• Sreelekshmy

June 8, 2021 at 10:09 pm

So sorry to hear this sad news. Our heartfelt condolences and prayers to you and your family

• Steve Dragoo

June 10, 2021 at 7:13 pm

@davidaswain

Dear Mrs. Swain,

Thank you for thinking to share your deep loss with us here. Sometimes going to our rest is a blessing. Having had this disease for almost 5 years and other issues, I don’t want to burden my wife but she would not agree with that. So we move forward until we can’t.

Be at peace best you can.

Blessings – Steve

• Jim Dawson

June 10, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Dear Mrs. Swain,

The loss is tremendous, but the suffering is over. I am sure you will see him again, face glowing and in perfect health. May you find peace and comfort even in the separation for a period of time.

• Charlene Marshall

June 13, 2021 at 10:13 am

@davidaswain

Dear Mrs. Swain,

Thank you for letting us know about David, but I’m so sorry for your loss. It took me a few days to reply because I was so sad to hear this news. I loved corresponding with David on these forums, especially about your travel to New Zealand and how much he loved that. He was an integral part of our forums community, and we will miss him very much. Our deepest condolences for your loss; know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. May he breathe easily now.

Kindest regards,
    Charlene.

• Randy

June 14, 2021 at 3:13 pm

So sorry to hear of his passing. Now he will be able to run, jump and act like a teenager again. He will miss you as much as you miss him. We all have thoughts of that day for us and the darkness that will leave our family in. But, he will be waiting for you when it your turn to join him. You will be joined hand in hand and the love you have for each other will be re-newnd.  God bless you and keep you.

• George Manolakis

June 15, 2021 at 3:57 pm

My thoughts are with you at this time. We are all family under the veil of this disease.

George Manolakis