• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Did you know that last month, some areas of Canada experienced their hottest months on record since the 1950s? I believe it, as there were many sweltering days of high heat and humidity in July.

For many of us living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), the high heat and humidity can make it increasingly difficult to breathe. I spent a lot of time outdoors last month, as I took a medical leave from work, and really noticed the impact of the humidity on my lungs. The high pollen count likely contributed to my breathlessness as well, but I suspect it was mostly these record temperatures!

I’ve written about the impact of heat and humidity on the lungs of a patient living with IPF/PF a few times, in previous columns. I wanted to share those columns in one place as we continue to deal with the humidity of summer:

How I Deal with Heat Since My PF Diagnosis

Melting Heat and Humidity Becomes Another Hurdle

Finding Joy When the Weather Keeps You Inside

Don’t get me wrong: I love the summer months! In fact, summer is my favourite season, but my lungs don’t always like the humidity and allergies that come with it.

How do you manage humid temperatures and high heat as a patient living with IPF/PF?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account